Colorado Springs, Colorado, September 19, 2016 – Protocol Insight showed their prototype Falcon series UFS and UniPro protocol exerciser and analyzer at the MIPI DevCon in Mountain View, CA USA last week, demonstrating Falcon G350 exerciser control of a UniPro DUT with the analyzer using Trace Validation to debug the captured trace.
The Falcon G300/G400 series with Trace Validation™ offers
- complete protocol debug and analysis of UFS and UniPro devices
- support for MIPI M-PHY v3.1 HS-G3 and UniPro v1.61
- support for MIPI M-PHY v4.1 HS-G4 and UniPro v1.8 in a future upgrade
- Falcon G300 Analyzer and Falcon G350 Exerciser/Analyzer configurations
- a new Event Viewer which displays traditional timing information plus a comprehensive overview of all events on the bus
- compliance/conformance Test Suite (CTS) verification of UFS and UniPro
- Test Executive™ capability, providing margin, corner case and automated stress testing
- custom test case Builders for creation of unique custom tests
Trace Validation™ will find your problems for you.
Trace Validation in the Falcon series analyzer performs state-machine analysis of the protocol sequences and packet characteristics in captured traces. It identifies transactions on the link by analyzing millions of packets, then evaluating the complete protocol sequences and individual packets for conformance to the UFS and UniPro specification.
With Trace Validation, complex transactions such as power mode changes, Link Startup Sequence and NAC/Replay events can be automatically analyzed and easily debugged.
Compliance testing for UFSA certification
- The Falcon series supports testing of UFS2.1 and the new card extension spec (JESD220B/C and JESD220-2), and executes the test cases defined in JESD224
- Executes test cases specified in the UFSA CTM v1.0.
- Supports testing of UniPro v1.61 and executes the UniPro v1.1 CTS conformance tests
Pricing, configuration and availability:
Contact email@example.com for pricing or availability information or to request a demo.
About Protocol Insight:
Protocol Insight (www.protocolinsight.com) offers test and measurement software tools to customers who are developing products for the mobile computing market, and consulting and design services to engineers implementing serial protocol interfaces.
Protocol Insight is a MIPI expert, with a background in both D-PHY and M-PHY protocol exercisers and analyzers. Protocol Insight contributes to the development of the UniPro standard thru the UniPro and Test Working Groups, and serves as Liaison between MIPI and JEDEC and UFSA.
The Universal Flash Storage Association (UFSA) was founded in 2010 as an open trade association to promote widespread adoption and acceptance of the UFS standard. Board of Director members include Keysight Technologies, Micron Technology, Montage Technology, Phison Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Silicon Motion Technology and SK Hynix. For more information about UFSA: http://www.ufsa.org/
About the MIPI Alliance
The MIPI Alliance is a global, collaborative organization comprised of companies that span the mobile ecosystem and are committed to defining and promoting interface specifications for mobile devices.
The MIPI® Alliance is a non-profit corporation that operates as an open membership organization. All companies in the mobile device industry are encouraged to join, including semiconductor companies, software vendors, IP providers, peripheral manufacturers, test labs and end product OEMs. Today, more than 250 member companies actively participate in the Alliance, developing interface specifications which drive consistency in processor and peripheral interfaces, promoting reuse and compatibility in mobile devices.
+1 (503) 367-5656
MIPI and the MIPI logo are a licensed trademark of the MIPI Alliance.
UFSA and UFS Logo are a trademark of the Universal Flash Storage Association
JEDEC® and the JEDEC logo are registered trademarks of JEDEC Solid State Technology Association.