The Raptor M400 is a UFS and UniPro protocol analyzer with robust capabilities for debugging everyday issues. It is an an integrated UFS protocol analyzer and UniPro protocol analyzer that captures x2 bi-directional links as a “sniffer”. It supports up to MIPI M-PHY 4.1 HS-G4B, UniPro 1.8, and UFS 3.1
The Raptor protocol analyzer has robust capabilities, including comprehensive triggering, search and filtering and Events view, at an economical price point.
The Raptor M400 is ideal for customer field support applications. With the Raptor M400 a field application engineer can confidently address the two most common challenges of field support:
- Capturing good traces from a customer test platform or form-factor DUT is very hard. With most customer devices the probing is problematic, and the test fixtures are often a tangle of long mis-matched cables, resulting in poor signal integrity and poor signal access. And at HS-G4B speeds (20% faster than HS-G4A) the problem is even worse. You need an analyzer that can probe and capture HS-G4B traces from the most challenging customer devices. The solution:
- Raptor has been designed using a fully compliant M-PHY 4.1 PHY that supports ALL requirements of M-PHY to capture the most challenging signals.
- Eye Monitor can be used to measure link eye size, and Smart Tune equalization can set custom GAIN and CTLE settings for each sublink and lane independently to optimize for poor DUT signal integrity.
- And for extremely challenging signal integrity environments we offer an optional probe pod that can be used in conjunction with the included HS-G4B probe to condition and clean-up the signal from the DUT for successful analyzer capture.
- Customer defect/bugs are hard to find. The most common debug approach is to capture a very large trace from the customer DUT and then scroll it through looking for errored packets. This means an analyzer with superior trace depth and trace analysis is critical. The solution:
- Raptor’s streaming capture uses the full 40Gbs bandwidth of Thunderbolt3 to store link traffic directly to disk in real time. This allows for virtually unlimited trace capture.
- Raptor can filter out AFC_TC0 packets, Fillers, Skips, EOB, SOB and UFS payload for a 10:1 capture compression ratio, so you can essentially capture ~80G of trace packets with 8G of internal memory.
- With Raptor you get the unique Events view to more easily view the entire trace and then drill down to the lowest level details.